When creating content for your website you need to bear in mind that content shouldn’t be created for the sake of creating content. Instead it should form a part of your company’s broader digital marketing strategy and follow strict rules and guidelines.
- First and foremost you should conduct an onsite keyword analysis. This will help you know which keywords you should be using in your content –and what keywords your customers are searching for
- Focus on creating content that is informative and shareable. This is probably the most important rule for SEO content success – great content is about getting people to engage
- Have an opinion and write eye-catching headlines
- Include images with alt tags, alt tagging images helps drastically improve your SEO
- Share and upload content on a regular or scheduled basis.
- Syndicate content out to your social media and online article websites.
- Remember that everything you put out into the online world counts as ‘content’ therefore focus on creating a balanced, keyword orientated message on your website, through your blog articles and on social media
Using this approach helps you avoid making the mistake of creating worthless and spammy content that will have no benefit to your company.