Google Analytics is a service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about a website’s traffic and traffic sources and measures conversions and sales. Here are SovTech’s top 10 functions of the google analytics tool:
- Dashboard area: If there are any metrics you want to look at every time you open Google analytics be sure to add them to your Google dashboard area. You can create multiple dashboards using multiple metrics if you want to
- Advanced Segments: Create advanced segments in order to find out which of your online marketing campaigns are having the best returns.
- Location Demographics: Use Google location demographics in order to find where the majority of your traffic is coming from. This will help inform further marketing or sales orientated decisions.
- Visitor Flow: Uncover your users web journey, how they move through your site. This will allow you to see what pages they go to, in what order and at what point they drop off.
- Real-time data: Using real time data reports you can view activity on your site as it happens.