What Is A MiniSite
A minisite is a website which companies offer information about one specific product or product group. Typically, a minisite is enhanced by various multimedia content, such as an animated, narrated introduction, and accompanied by a visual scheme which complements the specific product well. (Wikipedia)
The general purpose is usually to elicit direct response marketing to a specific product group either through paid media or targeted SEO campaigns. Unfortunately this did not work for us.
What We have Learned
– Our marketing budgets were not allocated correctly to enjoy the specific benefits of conversion optimisation that is supposed to come from Mini Sites.
– Different colours was confusing our brand messaging. (We are not Google)
– SEO was diluted by managing multiple sites on sub-domains instead of just relentlessly focusing on our main site.
– Landing pages that target a product or specific audience has the same downstream benefits that Minisites are supposed to with less admin overhead for the team.
– We are one stop shop for premium business software development, services and products, having lots of minisites detract from this market positioning.
– The time and effort to build and populate them with content would have been better spent on improving our main client website. By stopping this activity we can avoid repeating these mistakes when we launch new products and services in the future.
– What works for international companies does not always work in a South African context.
– Our focus is to make sure SovTech is providing the best service to our clients. Having our customers try and find and click to many different websites just to engage with our products/services is not a client centric user experience.
– Businesses want one place to go to that can solve their problems. Doing that for South African companies is our main focus, when we started the minisite projects we forgot this.
Minisite Memorial Reminder